Q: On what does the program focus?

Three of the four credits emphasize Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship from an Asian. Three key areas shall be explored: human value, business strategy, and technology platform for innovation.
The remaining one credit focuses on discovering Taiwan’s musical culture scene. Students will learn about how the Taiwanese musical heritage has transformed into current contemporary production.

Q: What is the duration of the program?

The program lasts a total of four weeks.



Q: How many credits will I receive from the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Summer Program?

The program is a total of four credits. Three credits revolve around innovation management and entrepreneurship from an Asian perspective and one credit looks into how Taiwan’s musical culture has influenced and diffused in the today’s artists and works.



Q: What is included in the program fee?

Tuition, lecture materials, accommodation, travel insurance, cultural events, company visits, and field trips.



Q: Do I need to apply for a visa when coming to Taiwan?

  1. Most countries are visa-exempt. Please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for more information.
  2. Your passport should be valid for a minimum of six months upon coming to Taiwan.

Q: How do I apply for a ROC Exit/ Entry Permit if I am a student from Mainland China?

Please note that it requires 1.5 to 2 months to apply for the ROC Exit/Entry Permit, students of Mainland China nationality must complete all the documentation before April 15, 2019 when applying. Please note that if you are currently outside of China, please do not leave the country until your Taiwan Entry Permit has been successfully approved.

PRC apply for an Entry Permit through the NTU Office of International Affairs at the College of Management. The fee is non-refundable. Entry Permits are citizens mustsingle entry. You are required to arrive and depart Taiwan on the dates specified by Taiwan Immigration and NTU. It is strongly recommend that you travel to Taiwan directly from the third country to avoid having to apply for additional visa documents.

入臺證辦理須時 1.5 2 個月,並由臺灣大學代為申請。因此申請同學請務必於415日前完成1)申請2)繳費及3)繳清所有入臺證辦理所需文件。在您的入臺證尚未正式批准前,請勿離開您的所在地(或所在第三國)。請依照課程起迄日期訂購機票。感謝您的配合。

       請注意,切勿自行辦理 "自由行簽證",否則將無法以自由行簽證參與本課程!!!




Q: Will housing be provided?

Yes. All students have the option of staying in either the Shui-Yuan or Chang-Hsing dormitories. Each student will be entitled to a fully-furnished single bedroom which includes your own bathroom and shower, bed, desk, telephone, and internet. Some facilities onsite include a small fitness room, meeting rooms, and laundromat.

Q: May I stay elsewhere?

Yes, you may stay off-campus. You will, however, need to find your own housing if you choose not to stay in NTU’s facilities. If you choose to find separate housing, you are entitled to a refund of up to USD 250.

Q: Where are the dorms located?

Housing is located at the BOT Dormitory Complex, a ten-minute walk to NTU’s Main Campus in central Taipei.

Q: When can I move into the dorms?

The dorms will be open one day before the program starts. The last day to leave the dorms is the last day of the program.

Q: Can I cook in the dorms?

No. For safety reasons, students are not allowed to cook in the dorms. Each floor does have a water fountain that dispenses cold, warm, and hot water. Each building also has an area on the first floor where a small oven, a microwave, and a rice cooker is available for students to use.

Q: Are meals provided by the program?

No. Aside from the meals on the trips, students are responsible for their daily meals. There are many restaurants near NTU which offers affordable meals with cuisine from all around the world. You may also dine in the on-campus cafeterias. An average meal costs USD 5.



Q: What should I bring?

The following shall be provided: bedding, pillows, and a quilt.
Please bring the daily essentials such as towels, soap and shampoo, and a toothbrush. These, however, may also be purchased in Taiwan at the many local convenience stores and supermarkets.
You will receive a booklet at the end of June detailing the recommended items to bring.

Q: When can I arrive in Taiwan?

If you are living in the dorms, you may arrive a day prior to the first day of the program.
If you are going to find your own accommodations, you simply have to arrive on the first day of the program.

Q: How do I get to the university from the Taoyuan International Airport?

For those living in the dorms, an airport pickup service will be arranged on the day before the start of the program. It is only on that day shall arranged transportation be provided.
If you are arriving at a time outside our specified time period for the pickup service, you may take a taxi (~TWD 900) or the coach (~TWD 180). If it is your first time in Taiwan, we recommend that you take a taxi as the driver will be able to take you directly to the university.

Q: Do I need to purchase insurance?

All students will automatically be covered by a medical insurance policy up to TWD 1,000,000 over the duration of the program. It is also recommended that you purchase additional travel insurance from your home country.

Q: How much cash should I bring?

It depends on your spending habit. In general, TWD 15,000 (~USD 500) should be enough to cover you over the duration of a month.



Q: What language do people in Taiwan speak?

While most people in Taiwan speak Mandarin, a minority of people also speak Taiwanese or Hakka. All the street signs have English and Chinese. The majority of Taiwanese people know basic English.

Q: What will the weather be like in the summer?

The weather in Taiwan over the summer is usually hot and humid. On average, it is above 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) during the day.

Q: What is the currency in Taiwan?

The currency in Taiwan is the New Taiwan Dollar (TWD). For updated currency exchange rate info on the New Taiwan Dollar, please refer here. Currencies can be exchanged at banks or at the postal office. There is a post office located on campus and another inside MRT Gongguan Station.

Q: How does the Taiwanese public transportation system work?

To get around Taipei, the fastest way is to take the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). Another option is taking the bus. For longer distances, most people can either take the Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR), which operates from Taipei to Kaohsiung (officially Zuoying Station), or the Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA), which operates nationwide.

Q: What are the voltage requirements in Taiwan?

Taiwan usually uses 110V/60Hz electric current with 2-hole flat blade sockets, but NTU BOT dorm provides 3-hole sockets. Please bring your adapter or voltage transformers, if necessary.



Q: Can I set up a phone plan for the month?

Yes. Upon arrival at the airport, there are several telecom companies on-site, such as Chung-Hua Telecom and Far Eastern Telecom from which you may apply for a 30-day phone service package.


Q: From where can I withdraw money?
There are many places where you can withdraw money.
*Hwa Nan Bank - If you exit the main entrance of Management Building I, a Hwa Nan Bank is located diagonally to the left.
*7-11 – Close to Management Building 1.
*Post offices- One is located within MRT Gongguan Station. Another is on campus in Shiao Fu Building.
*There are also E. Sun Bank, Hwa Nan Bank, and Post Office ATMs located around campus where you may withdraw money.
Q: If I need to see a doctor, where is the closest hospital located?
There is a health center next to the Main Library. If you walking to the end Royal Palm Blvd from the Main Gate, it is located on your right.