活動起日：2019-08-15 發佈日期：2019-08-15 瀏覽數：175 2019-08-15 更新
his is WorldQuant VRC Taiwan territory manager Allison, greetings!
WorldQuant is hiring interns to join the team “Virtual Research Center” in Taipei office.
As per our qualification criteria, your students will serve as good fits for this position.
Please help with posing the information on your websites and forwarding this message to students in your department.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a global team in international financial institution.
Feel free to reach me if any questions. Many thanks.
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
WorldQuant is seeking interns to join the Virtual Research Center (VRC) in the Taipei office. The VRC is WorldQuant’s crowd sourcing initiative that allows anyone in the world to become a Quant. The VRC wants to continue to bridge the gap between quantitative skill sets and the investment industry.
· Create and develop alphas on WorldQuant’s web-based market simulation platform (“Websim”)
· Create smart tools to assist in the development of alphas on Websim
· Lead skill-building sessions and workshops for users and consultants to educate them about alpha creation
· Suggest ideas to enhance the research capabilities on Websim
· Build a plan to identify the high potential, untapped markets to introduce and expand VRC
· Identify and gather knowledge about potential partners for VRC
· Work with the VRC Territory Manager in promoting the consultant opportunity through various online and offline channels
· Build the branding strategy and relevant content to execute the strategy
Project Management & Coordination
· Work with the Territory Manager to plan the resourcing for various initiatives
· Analyze existing VRC data to identify the core strengths and areas to improve in the business strategy
· Build new data from various activities and analyze the success of various initiatives
· Help in the onboarding of research consultants including their background checks and orientation
Outstandind Learning opportunities:
· An accomplished Websim researcher and VRC Territory Manager will be your advisors who guide and coach you during the internship
· Access to Websim that you can use to develop your quantitative financial models (alphas)
· Opportunity to potentially be considered for a subsequent Research Consultant role and participate in opportunities available to consultants like Global Research projects, access to non-traditional datasets, skill-building sessions, additional resources, etc.
· Hold or working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any discipline
· Strong comprehension in Quantitative Finance and Research with interest in Business Development initiatives
· Strong communication skills
· Familiarity with the Websim platform and achievement of gold level in the “WorldQuant Challenge”
· Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
· Mature, thoughtful, organized with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
· Competence in a programming language (C++ or C) and a scripting language (Python) is a plus.
· Proven achievement in extracurricular activities on campus is a plus
Position based in Taipei, Taiwan
Interested and qualified candidates please ensure you are a gold-level user on Websim.
Please submit your online application (including CV, transcript and specify you Websim account email) no later than September 15, 2019. Positions are limited.