活動起日：2017-11-03 發佈日期：2017-11-03 瀏覽數：360 2017-11-03 更新
Applications are now open for Leeds International Summer School (LISS) 2018. This is your chance to spend next summer studying abroad at the University of Leeds, in the top 10 universities in the UK, according to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
Leeds International Summer School (LISS) offers you the opportunity to immerse yourself in British culture as part of an exciting four-week programme. Taking advantage of the vibrant, student friendly city of Leeds, and the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area, the summer school combines world-class tuition with local knowledge, academic-related field trips, and a wide variety of social activities.
LISS will run from Saturday 30 June to Sunday 29 July 2018 and the all-inclusive programme fee is £3,145 which includes tuition, on campus accommodation, field trips, excursions (including a weekend in London), an extensive social programme and premium fitness centre membership.
LISS offers a wide range of academic modules:
1. The English Country House: A Social History
2. Management in Organisations: Theories, Techniques and Decision Making
3. Business Simulation Game: Global and Ethical Awareness in Business
4. Building Britain, 1700-1840: Industrial ‘Revolution’ or ‘Evolution’?
5. British Literature and the Brontës
6. Introduction to Robotics and Autonomous Systems
7. Music in Film
8. Wealth and Poverty: The Making of the Modern World
9. Introduction to Special Effects in Filmmaking
10. Exploring the Performing Arts: Comedy in Britain
11. Business and Cultural Awareness: Bridging the Gap
12. Heretics, Witches & Conspirators: A History of Fear, 1500-1700
13. Renewable Energy Systems: The Big Debate
14. Sport in the UK: Health and Performance Issues
15. Entrepreneurship and Society: Ideas, Opportunities and Value Creation
16. Exploring the Law: Crime, Contracts and Legal Skills
17. Creative Writing: Travel & Journalism
18. Introduction to Digital Photography
19. Conflict Analysis in International Politics: Causes, Negotiation and Resolution
20. Introduction to Psychology: Perception, Cognition and Emotion
You will study two academic modules and earn credit (20 University of Leeds credits = 6 US credits/10 ECTS) which you can transfer back to your home university degree.
There are a number of discounts and scholarships available; please visit our website for more details: www.leeds.ac.uk/summer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about LISS or the application process: email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to Leeds in 2018!
Lisa Beare & Finola Preston
Leeds International Summer School Team
Study Abroad Office | University of Leeds
Leeds | LS2 9JT | United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)113 343 7900 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds International Summer School: www.leeds.ac.uk/summer