At the insistence of all teachers in our department, the development objectives are as follows:
1. Focusing on becoming the cradle for financial elites and becoming the leader in the financial sector
2. Educating financial professional in multiple fields, other than financial institution management, corporate finance, securities investment, insurance, real estate management, establishing an institute of insurance and risk management, and increasing the study of insurance-related fields
3. Enhancing the quality of research and education
4. Establishing an excellent professional financial teaching team to educate students to become professional managers
5.Working with different fields, promoting an international perspective, promoting interaction between industry, government, and academia, and heightening the status of Department of Finance of NTU internationally
Our department of Finance has a long history of working with industrial, governmental, and academic circles. Other than working with the Securities Finance Research Center, the stock exchange, the futures exchange, and the Securities Market Development Foundation, we also have long-term interactions with private institutions to provide students with understandings of industry dynamics.
1.Interaction with the industry: Department of Finance signed contracts with reputable companies, such as: Cathay United Bank, Yuanta Securities, Polaris Securities CO., LTD, Grand Cathay Securities Corporation, Reuters, Ruentex Group, Yi-Fu Asset Management,Hua Nan Bank, IBT Asset Management, Citibank, and Bank SinoPac, to provide students with scholarships, summer and winter internship opportunities, and sponsorships to activities of Our department.
2. Establishing courses: In order to give students understandings of industry dynamics and industry-related companies, like Citibank, each year, Our department of Finance sets up courses like “Substantive discussions of Finance” and “Financial Practices Seminar” to analyze the general industry status through the industrial perspective.
3. Regular lectures: Our department of Finance worked with Polaris Securities and established a financial services group, which held regular seminars to give students clear and concise explanations of the financial market so that students can easily comprehend.