活動起日：2014-05-16 發佈日期：2014-05-16 瀏覽數：1978 2017-02-12 更新
Established 41 years ago, PIMCO is today recognised as one of the world's leading investment management firms. With 13 international offices, we aim to provide local solutions and service to clients across the globe. Our on-the-ground presence in Asia – with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore Sydney and Tokyo –spans more than 16 years. With a successful track record in active fixed income management, PIMCO became part of the Allianz Group of companies in 2000, operating as an autonomous entity of the Group’s asset management arm. Since then, PIMCO has experienced consistent growth across the range and diversity of strategies we manage, the type of clients we service, and the assets we manage on their behalf.
As of 31 March 2013, PIMCO has been entrusted to manager over US$2.04* trillion of client assets, including US$1.64 trillion on behalf of third party clients. We are a global investment solutions provider with a long history in fixed income management. PIMCO has expertise and significant resources committed to virtually every sector of the global bond market. Through both pooled and segregated accounts, we offer a full spectrum of core and alternative fixed income strategies across domestic, regional and global mandates. Importantly, as markets have evolved, we have worked closely with our clients to understand their particular investment requirements and to develop new strategies and innovative solutions to meet their objectives. These solutions might include our broad fixed income capabilities or strategies such as equities or commodities. Moreover, we have well developed platforms for LDI, absolute return and asset allocation solutions.
PIMCO has enjoyed a stable organisation throughout our 41-year history. We have attracted and retained key professionals, in part by providing a dynamic working environment and culture that rewards staff for excellence and their contribution, and partly owing to competitive financial incentives. Many of the professionals who were instrumental in PIMCO's founding and subsequent growth continue to be active in its management. We remain focused on our mission to Manage Risk and Deliver Returns for our clients.
This Account Associate will be part of PIMCO’s HK-based Institutional Account management group, with a focus to support Taiwan & Philippines institutional client-service activities. Account Associates prepares customized reporting, data retrieval, and research/analysis capabilities with the objective of maximizing account management resources to enhance quality of client services. Associates use computer applications to prepare detailed portfolio risk reports, accounting reports and other weekly, monthly and quarterly client reports as well as assist with various management initiatives and responsibilities. An Account Associate shall also be called upon to provide support to business development activities.
This position requires an analytical, detail oriented professional who can:
· Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation and risk metrics
· Robust knowledge on macroeconomics, fixed income and derivative instruments is a must
· Continually building understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
· Effectively utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools, along with internet sites, both public and private. Knowledge on Bloomberg, Yield book, Morgan Markets, Barclays Live is a plus
· Support the Account Management team through the provision of market and portfolio data
· Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
· Handle ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
· Produce ad-hoc client, consultant, auditor, & internal requests for information
· Maintain a commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
· Effective communication skill is essential given the frequent level of client interaction
· Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the customer
· Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
· Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
· Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
· Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
· Have the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
· Make a strong commitment to PIMCO’s culture, values and approach
Must possess at least an Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Economics and demonstrate an interest in progressing toward a CFA.
· One to three years of finance-related experience preferred ( ideally in the fixed income or investment management)
· College internships in a financial, client-oriented role will be considered in lieu of employment experience. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income markets and macroeconomics, currency and derivative instruments.
· Candidates must also possess the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel, both internal and external, and utilize excellent time management and communication skills.
· Must be team players and self-motivated.
· Candidates must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge an advantage) and be comfortable with software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com